While many of us are staying at home during this pandemic, with no possibilities of traveling anytime soon, there are still some ways to get out there and discover our beautiful planet and the many exciting sights it has to offer. We compiled a list of Museums around the World you can explore virtually and enjoy while at home with your family.
1) Let's start our museum adventure with a stop in Alexandria, Virginia, and explore the National Women's History Museum. This museum has an online exhibit covering many topics about the contributions of women in history. You can travel virtually in their many exhibitions and learn about women of NASA, the Olympics, Standing up for change, fashion, and more. In addition, the museum offers free daily virtual programming with plenty of educational video resources. Click here to learn more.
2) Let's now fly south of the border and pay a visit to the largest and most visited museum in Mexico City. Museo Nacional de Antropología or the National Museum of Anthropology. The museum offers 23 Exhibit rooms full of Mayan artifacts for you to explore in English or Spanish.
3) After our visit to the country of Pico de Orizaba (The highest mountain in Mexico) is time for us to fly across the Atlantic to The Netherlands. There we will visit one of its greatest museums. Rijksmuseum which is located in a neo-Gothic/Dutch Renaissance building. We had the opportunity to explore this museum a couple of years ago, and we loved it.
It was nice to see that they can also accommodate virtual visits. You should check out their must-see virtual exhibits tour here. They have 14 multimedia tours and displays legendary works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, and other Dutch artists for you to discover.
4) The next stop is a visit to the land of milk and honey. You guessed it we just landed in Switzerland. To see animals by region, species, and group, the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums have a virtual Zoo at your disposal.
5) Next stopover, Paris, to see the 3rd most visited museum in Paris in the comfort of your home through their virtual tour. Let's travel opposite the Tuileries garden and stop at the Musée d'Orsay on the left bank of the seine. You want to see works from many impressionist painters such as Monet, Gauguin, Cezanne, and, of course, Van Gogh. You are in the right place, so enjoy your virtual tour and have fun learning.
6) While in la Ville lumière( City of lights), let's have a visit to the World's largest museum. Welcome to the Louvre for a 360 virtual tour. It never gets old to revisit the Louvre; there is always something interesting or new to discover, now you can do it from home and avoid the queue.
7) After your break from the French Capital, let's continue our world culture exploration in England. Maybe a quick hello to the Queen of England at Buckingham Palace for a virtual meet and greet with some English tea before exploring the Royal Palace in all its splendor online will be a nice change of pace. Buckle your seat as you can click here for a virtual field trip to the World of the royals.